Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Do you have a name for your car?

I do. Have you seen this article recently? It's about how 4 in 10 people have named their vehicles. 23% percent of people think of their car as having gender, but only 7% think their cars are male. I think my car is male, but my husband's car is female. My 1990 Honda was "Howard" - I referred to him that way in my recent post about dreading odd numbered years... Huh. So only 7% of people think their cars are male? I guess I'm in the minority here! My mother named her car - but then, that was only after I informed her that the car I'd just inherited had told me his name. I know, I know - it's a wee bit odd. But he *did* have a personality! And it was a Howard personality. My current car does have a name, but I don't generally refer to my car that way like I did with Howard.

On the knitting front, I am working on two tote bags - I'll have to photograph the nearly-finished one tomorrow. Just needs a handle and some felting. I finished the body of the bag in only a couple days - and learned to pick up stitches, make horizontal stripes, and knit in the round! Next I'll be making my first i-cord handle. What's next? Socks? Ok - really, probably more bags (as if I need more bags). I really do love bags. They're great for hiding all my stuff in!

2 comments:

strikkegal said...

Maybe I should post a picture of my "Adam" ? *giggle* Actually named by my father!

RheLynn said...

My old blue truck was named 'Tracy.' I had a dream once that I rode a horse named Tracy up to a fence, tied it up - and when I came back out of the building my truck was parked there instead. So - it was Tracy. Mark says he had a car he named 'Gutless.'