Monday, January 22, 2007

Snow in Tucson!


This is one of the warmest winters ever, and we have snow! Okay - it's already gone... but still! These pictures are from last night around 7 pm. I haven't seen snow stick in Tucson in more than ten years. My sister called when she saw it snowing - she said she didn't think she'd ever seen snow fall. Yes, she's played in snow, but see snow fall? Nope. Amazing. Not that I've seen it in a while either. Last time was probably driving home from Denver (I think) when it started snowing somewhere between Albuquerque and Gallup, NM. I freaked out a bit since I'd never driven in snow before (or since). I'd forgotten how magical it is to watch snow slowly falling.

Last week was rough, and I hope it doesn't continue like this all year. Ugh. I feel a sense of forboding, though. I often feel a bit queasy going into odd numbered years. This year, I hope for change. In fact, I feel it in the air. 2001 - My car was broken into in January, I had surgery in May, spent the summer in rehab, then there was september 11 - while I was the TA for a class called "death and dying" (which was so much work!), I went to the World Series (awesome to go, but the Yankees lost), then I was in a car accident a week after my birthday (my car, Howard, was totaled). Whew. So that year just exhausted me. 2003 - well, I got married that year. Not entirely a bad year - but definitely more change. 2005 was the year I quit grad school. That's all I can say about that year. And 2007? Who knows? Isn't it funny how one really stressful year makes me think all odd numbered years might be dangerous? Well, my husband is applying for jobs and none of them are in town. But I'm desperately hoping it will all work out for us this year. And I'm ready for the change, anyhow.

No comments: