Monday, January 22, 2007

Irish Hiking Scarf (x2)


I just realized I was planning on adding my irish hiking scarf photos - so here they are! I'm not sure how I feel about the brown stripey one (it's Wool-ease in the "wood" colorway). It's a bit short - only about 50 inches long, and it wasn't quite as fun to knit as the lovely white one I'm wearing in the photo. The white one is Paton's 100% wool in the colorway "aran." Both were knit with size 8 US needles (bamboo for the white one, aluminum for the brown). My husband has claimed the white one, and I'm not sure currently what I'm doing with the brown one. I'd like to knit a green one for myself - and I already have some yarn. Of course, back when I bought it, little things like checking yardage and weight didn't occur to me! So, I suspect that I don't have enough - nor do I have any idea which pattern I want to try next. I just cast on for a felted bag in Nashua creative focus chunky. So soft! Just getting to the part where I need to figure out picking up stitches, and knitting in the round. I'd love to start a sweater project soon, too. Perhaps it'd be finished by next december when it gets chilly again!

Oh, must add the picture of tuxedo cat and black fuzzy. There's actually a calico kitten in the background, eating some food we put in our shed. I love black fuzzy, he's so adorable! I wish I knew how to help him and his sisters find good homes. It appears that our neighbors like the cats, too, and have been feeding them. They look quite healthy!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Lovely IHS! Very pretty cats too. Maybe there is a local rescue that could help you?

RheLynn said...

You've really made progress on your scarves! Those are some beautiful cats as well - glad you and your neighbors are helping them through the winter. Jennifer is right - maybe a local rescue could help you find them forever homes?