Monday, November 06, 2006

insert interesting title here.



Here are my hot socks swap goodies from Iva. A pattern, Online self-striping wool yarn, peanuts, hot cocoa (haven't had any yet, saving for a nice cold evening...if that ever happens), a set of US3 dpns, and some interesting cookies. I should've posted all this earlier, but uploading photos was the last thing on my list! I'm looking at this photo thinking I really should break into those cookies soon. I haven't cast on yet for my (first-ever) pair of socks - I suspect the first try will be a disaster. I joined the knit mitt kit swap on swap-bot, and I know I have to post my questionnaire....but that's going to take brain power. No brain power right now.

In other swap news...I should've posted the cool buddha that I received from a little buddha swap maybe a month ago now!



There he is sitting in my kitchen window. Don't you just want to rub his belly? Well, it didn't help during the playoffs. I guess this buddha doesn't root for the Dodgers or Yankees. Bummer.

4 comments:

me said...

I was going to join one of the mitten swaps, b/c I just did my first mitten and it was fun, but I've had kinda bad luck with non-vegan swaps, so I didn't join. Maybe next time.

If you have questions about the socks, I've made a half dozen pairs and used 2 different heels, done toe-up and top down, so I might be able to help. =)

me said...

I was going to join one of the mitten swaps, b/c I just did my first mitten and it was fun, but I've had kinda bad luck with non-vegan swaps, so I didn't join. Maybe next time.

If you have questions about the socks, I've made a half dozen pairs and used 2 different heels, done toe-up and top down, so I might be able to help. =)

RheLynn said...

great sock swap! Wool yarn in a pretty colorway :)

Wow, a buddha swap? That sounds like a neat idea!

RheLynn said...

about the Norwegian Lutheran from midwest part - I agree! While not that specific of an identity - I grew up in 'The Iron Range' of Minnesota, full of Scandinavian and German roots and both the 'Canadian' Minnesota accent, and the 'Ole & Lena' singsong accent (mostly among our grandparents). Prarie Home Companion and Lake Wobegon really do sound like home for us ;o) even though we presently live in Tennessee.