Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I have a meme addiction, I think!

Here's a meme I stole from the bookish knitster!

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
My hair looks awful.

2. Favorite planet?
Earth. Really, I do like it here – a little polluted, but at least it has an atmosphere.

3. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
Four people have called me? Ok, it was a wrong number.

4. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone?
Inspector Gadget theme. My husband hates them all.

5. Do you “label” yourself?
How can I not? That’s what humans do to survive! Woman, sister, wife, archaeologist, cat person, among others…

6. What does your watch look like?
have several – none that I wear often. One is a black and grey timex that I use when I run.

7. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Out for a walk with my husband.

8. What did your last text message you received on your cell say?
”That’s too bad. Hope you feel better.”

9. What's a word that you say a lot?
the (doesn't everyone?)

10. Last furry thing you touched?
one of my cats.

11. Favorite age you have been so far?
30. it’s a nice round number. But I’ve only been 30 for 24 hours.

12. Your worst enemy?
myself.

13. What is your current desktop picture?

a picture of anya that I posted on my blog in my first or second post

14. What was the last thing you said to someone?
Have a good thanksgiving. See you Monday.

15. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be?
Million bucks, but only if that’s money and not actual “bucks.” Otherwise I’d like to fly.

16. Do you like someone?
Sure, why not?

17. The last song you listened to?
Sara by Bob Dylan.

18. What time of day were you born?
5:30pm

19. What's your favorite number?
9

20. Where did you live in 1987?
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania

21. Are you jealous of anyone?
Always. Currently? My sister just bought a house, my brother bought one earlier this year. They both have new cars. But then, that’s just stuff. So it’s minor.

22. Is anyone jealous of you?

I don’t know.

23. Where were you when 9/11 happened?

At my parent’s house sleeping – it was 6am. But then I got a call and turned on the tv – I saw the second tower collapse. It’s burned in my memory.

24. Do you consider yourself kind?
Not usually. And I regret it often.

25. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
Who says I don’t have one?

26. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
French.

27. Would you move for the person you loved?
I probably will have to. Isn’t that how it works in marriage?

28. What's your life motto?
Why do it now when I can do it later? But honestly I’d like to change that!

29. What's your favorite town/city?
Montreal

30. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
A couple months ago.

31. Can you change the oil on a car?
No. But I’d be happy to figure it out. I hear it isn’t that difficult – just a bit messy. But I’m not allowed to work on my car in the street, and I don’t have a garage or driveway. So that’ll have to wait.

32. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?
How about my first crush? Because I think the sick thing that I thought was love back in high school was nothing like love… The last thing I heard about Todd was that he was a math teacher in Pennsylvania somewhere. The last thing I heard about my ex from high school was that he and his wife might be thinking about having kids soon.

33. How far back do you know about your ancestry?
Pretty far in the Hilton line (or hylton as it was originally in England); otherwise I know I’m German, Croatian, English, and Norwegian. And I like to think I’m all Viking – but my Norwegian ancestors were farmers. Oh, and I think there is some Polish, Swedish, Scottish, and French in there too. Huh. It’s disturbing to think that I am somehow related (distantly) to Paris Hilton. I wonder if she knows there’s been some minor inbreeding in our line back around the civil war period? That's probably not her line, just mine. The Hiltons came to the US in the 1600s, but they were Lords back in England - in fact, there's a run-down "castle" too.

34. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?
My brother’s wedding a month ago! I wore a black, lacy, off-the-shoulder dress.

35. Have you been burned by love?
No. I’ve burned others. Sorry, just being honest. I've been burned by other things that were masquerading as love, though.

Ok. Next post must be more original.

1 comment:

Flor said...

I was so happy that you liked the knit kit I've sent you :) i was a bit nervous.
take care,
Flor