Thursday, November 09, 2006

Knit Mitt Kit Swap Questionnaire

Are you allergic to any fibers?
Not that I know of…

What are your favorite colors?
Reds, blues, greens, purples – deep colors rather than pastels

Are you a new mitt knitter? How long have you been knitting mittens?
Yes, I’m new! Fairly new to knitting still also.

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?
Either way – for cable patterns and designs, though, solid, heathers, or tweed is better than self-striping.

What fibers do you prefer in mitten yarn?
Something soft and wool!

Where do you usually knit mittens?
At home – I don’t have anything to easily carry my projects yet, so it’s a bit of a hassle.

How do you usually carry/store small projects?
Um…in ziplock plastic bags or translucent plastic boxes. Not too fun, but it keeps the cats out. ;)

What are your favorite mitten patterns?
I don’t have any yet..

What are your favorite mitten knitting techniques?
Don’t have any of these yet either!

What new techniques would you like to try?
Practically any interesting technique would be new and fun for me.

What are your favorite needles for knitting mittens?
I like bamboo and wood needles – but for mittens, I’m not sure yet.

What are some of your favorite yarns?
I haven’t used too many yet, but I love the colors of the Manos del Uruguay and Noro Silk Garden. Noro Kureyon has great colors, but it feels a bit scratchy to me. I hear Misti alpaca is lovely and soft too.

What yarn do you totally covet?
Well who doesn’t love cashmere…it’s just sooooo expensive.

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object?
I’d like to knit the Saffron Cables afghan in the fall 2006 interweave knits and also Starsky from Knitty, and also perhaps a lovely cashmere cardigan of some sort..

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)?
I haven’t used circs or dpns yet. I like wood and bamboo when I’m knitting wool.

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be?
Noro Kureyon – but a bit more chaotic and rather scratchy sorta person. Either that or a basic wool, like Cascade 220.

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack?
Gummy bears…gummy anything. Could go for some sour gummies, too. Yum.

What’s your favorite animal?
I love cats. And owls. And jaguars (I know, they’re cats too).

Would you prefer super warm mittens or something more like fingerless mitts?
It’s never that cold here in southern Arizona. I might move someday…but currently I don’t really need super-warm stuff. So, fingerless mitts would be more useful.

If you were a color what color would you be?
Sage green.

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?
The lotus flower. I also like deep orangey-red gerbera daisies.

Do you have a wishlist?
I wish for many things…peace….happiness… oh you mean stuff? I do have an amazon list, but it doesn’t have too much knitting stuff on it. Or much of anything in fact.

Anything else you’d like to share with the group today?
I have spent way too much time looking for patterns to knit, yarn to buy, and needles I need, that I have hardly done any knitting!

No comments: