Thursday, November 16, 2006

I knew I didn't have one...

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

Philadelphia

The South

The Inland North

The West

The Northeast

Boston

North Central

What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes

Huh. Well, oddly enough, I've had several people ask me if I'm from the east coast. Not sure what they're picking up on. But still - I say home, about, and water as if I'm from Philadelphia - and I was for ten years growing up. People from Philly say "wuttur." No idea why. I think it also has to do with where your family is from and what sort of accents they have... my parents don't have accents either. And I seriously doubt where I live now has a distinct accent. My husband and I say things really differently (he's always making fun of the way "whore" and "horror" sound the same out of my mouth). Is syrup "seerup" or "sirup"? I find it all so interesting. But sometimes I wish I had an accent. But hey, I have a good voice for tv or radio. That's something, right?

1 comment:

me said...

I got the same answer. When I went to Louisiana, people kept asking me where I was from. Same with TN; I guess _they_ think _I_ have an accent.