Friday, December 01, 2006

Day of Hiking!

Here's where a few co-workers and I went today. That's Tucson, Arizona off in the distance. The hike to Maiden Pools through Ventana Canyon is not especially difficult, although there is a bit of a climb. That's the fun of hiking though, isn't it? I thought we'd spend less time on the hike, so I didn't bring my sunscreen. Oops. See that clear sky? Yeah, my right arm got a wee bit too much sun. Luckily it was a nice cool day - 60's, and not too windy. I'm really loving this photo right now. Nice not going to work, too. Well, for most of the day anyhow.

On the knitting front, I am still working on my cleo clutch, two irish hiking scarves (I think I missed the only two days of the year I might need to use a scarf...), and a dishcloth. I finished a cabled dishcloth a couple of weeks ago, but only got down to photographing it (and weaving in ends - why do I hate doing that??) recently. I'm not overly fond of it, but it was a fast knit (even for me). The cleo clutch is not yet photographed, and almost ready for felting. Very excited about felting. Must really get to that tomorrow.

Wow. My mood is much better than yesterday. Must be the hike. Should definitely do that more often. And get better shoes.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh, it looks like you went hiking on a perfectly lovely day! Hiking is good for the soul, for sure.