Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Confused purls...

Huh. This morning I was attempting to swatch for the cleo clutch and realized something was bizarre with my purls. When I turned around to knit the next row, the yarn was in back! Odd, thought I. So I got out my Vogue knitting book and checked out the directions. I was wrapping the yarn the wrong way! Sheesh. I've knit half a scarf (ok, way less than half), and three dish cloths with backward purling. The swatch looks less crazy now. Counter-clockwise, clockwise...whatever! Then again, when I checked the vogue book for how to do a knit stitch (could I be doing that wrong too???), it says to wrap clockwise, but shows wrapping counter-clockwise in the picture. Now I'm confused. Oh well. I think I'm going to have to increase the size of my needles to get gauge...

No comments: