Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I joined the Vegan Pal swap (after reading about it on both swap-bot and Craftylilly's blog). I know, I know...I can hardly keep up with my swaps already! But this one seems interesting to me, so :P

1.) What is your craft, & how long have you been doing it?
Currently, knitting - for about 2 months (and not regularly, but that isn't my choice!). I'd love to sew, but I don't have a sewing machine or the space to put one. Crochet still stumps me - I keep wanting needles to put the stitches on!

2.) Are you a vegan, vegetarian, veg-curious, veg-friendly or other?
98% Vegetarian. And very curious. Some people say too curious.

3.) What is your favorite color(s)? Do you particularly dislike a color(s)?
I love green (sage, or perhaps 70's carpet green), also love red - especially true reds. Blue, brown, autumnal colors - yay! I don't like pastels - I keep trying and failing.

4.) Do you have any allergies (such as pets, foods or cigarette smoke)?
Cigarette smoke. Also a form of penicillan, but since it's illegal to pass on your drugs... Please don't send mold or ragweed, either.

5.) Do you have any companion animals? If so, names and types?
Hahaha - four cats have me as a slave. Ok. Only Chester thinks I'm his slave. They are Lotus, Tyger, Anya (little one), and Chester.

6.) Do you collect anything?
Um. Yarn. (don't tell my husband...he doesn't know yet) And boxes and bags - I'll buy these even if I don't need them - I love containers!

7.) Do you have a favorite vegan food, snack or dish? If no fav that's vegan (for those who aren't vegan), what's your favorite food? (Hopefully your pal can find a vegan version!)

Hmmm...my favorite foods are potato leek soup (my mom makes this with heavy cream, chicken broth, and cheddar cheese - it's not even vegetarian!) rice pudding, and pumpkin pie. Wow. I really want pie or pudding now. Hmm. None of those is vegan. Dark chocolate then? ;)

8.) What tools/supplies/accessories for your craft(s) are you wishing you had but don't? Also, what do you have TOO many of? (basically a wish and anti-wish list)

I don't have any stitch markers, not enough row counters, and only have a few sets of needles. I keep my needles stashed in drawers, bags, etc. because I have no rolls or anything to put them in! Not only that, but I also have no nice knitting totes to put my projects in! I know, I have bags, but most of these have other purposes (or aren't up to the job). I have plenty of rubber stamps and ink pads from attempting to make cards and altered books. That didn't go well.

9.) What type of handmade item would tickle your fancy? What don't you like? (Keep in mind this swap is open to all types of crafters.)

A sewn tote bag - so cool! Or handmade needle roll...um...ok, well, there could be something cool I'm not thinking of yet - what's your expertise? That's probably what I'd like!

10.) Is there anything else you would like your pal to know about you?

I don't know what to do with eyelash and funky acrylic yarns. I really am not confident enough to wear that stuff..but I've seen some great soy and bamboo yarn I'd love to try out!

No comments: