Thursday, September 28, 2006

Behind on Swapping, knitting continues..


Many of my swaps are due within the next couple of days - I still need to find a small buddha to send to my partner (due Saturday), print out photos of my hands to become postcards (and the print place has been shut down, so I have to find a new place), buy two skeins of wool (also due Saturday), and make a bookmark (actually already mostly done, but I had this thought of knitting one..hahahaha). Oh, and my knitflix partner - I noticed that many people have already sent theirs out and received..ack! Well, at least we're both on the same page - a bit behind. I can't think what yarn is going to match this movie I bought her! Must get creative.

On the knitting front, my irish hiking scarf is going ok. It's my first attempt at cabling, and I'm really enjoying it. Um, mostly. Two days ago I thought it'd be a good idea to knit one last row before going to sleep. Not a good idea. I got to the first cable - slip three stiches, ok, knit three, ok, go back and knit the ones on the cable needle, ok...until the third one. It was super tight, and while pulling the yarn through the loop, an explosion occurred and stiches fell off needles everywhere! I spent the next half hour trying to put the stiches back on the needles, then had to pull out the stiches anyhow. Grrrrr. Turns out I actually got them all back on correctly! But I went to sleep an hour after I'd planned. The photo here is post-disaster (there was a secondary one involving the middle cable the next morning). Still looking ok, though!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Another tip, drugs and knitting don't mix either! Major revelation to me while recently recovering from a back injury.

RheLynn said...

Nice cables! I still need to learn those.

RheLynn said...

Wow - I am very impressed you have mastered cables! It looks beautiful!