Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Recovering Procrastinator?

I appear to have been absent from blogging this past week! Well, I was actually *trying* to get some real work done. I've had a lot to do, and I'm a huge procrastinator. I'm hoping to soon turn the corner on my procrastination and become an EX-procrastinator, or recovering procrastinator or something like that. I am forever wondering how I've wasted my time, how I've managed to put all these things I need to do from my mind completely... it's a skill I must've learned as a young procrastinator. I once heard a quote that went something like - those who are good at making excuses are seldom good for anything else. I am VERY good at making excuses. And people rarely call me on it. Seriously. I'm not trying to boast (really, is that something to boast about?).

So, on Tomato - the body is still not finished, but I'm getting really close! I can feel it! Well, really, you can see it, too:And, on the Jaywalkers (or jaywalker, as the case may be) - I have started the heel flap. Then I got distracted with how close I was on Tomato. And then I jammed that partially finished sock on my ankle and barely got it off. That's a bit disheartening - I've checked my gauge and it seems to be on, too. I just must have a large foot/ankle/calf. But I'm not going to rip it yet - I want to actually try the whole sock before starting over (if I decide to - really, I know plenty of people with smaller feet than me).

5 comments:

Katie J said...

Oh, you are not alone in this. I feel like I need a 12 step program for it. Good luck, root for me too, k?

Soon I will post about the lovely red cotton yarn you sent me!

knitseashore said...

How are you doing on your Tour project? I've been procrastinating on mine, but really, we've just moved...

I am not a sock knitter, but for what it's worth, I've seen quite a few people post lately about how tight those jaywalker socks knit up. It's not just you! :)

Romi said...

I really love your tomato colors!

Carrie K said...

Tomato looks really, really good! Those colors are gorgeous.

RheLynn said...

Your tomato is coming along NICELY!