Friday, July 27, 2007

Delay in el Tour Jaywalkers...

Yes, I really do need to get a move-on here! I was hoping to finish at least ONE Jaywalker before the end of le Tour. On Sunday. See that picture in the last post? I'm not any further yet! I'm distracted by how close I am to finishing the Blue Tomato. And I'm already thinking about knitting up a tank or cami before the end of summer. Who am I kidding? Summer should be here until November - that's plenty of time!

And I'm sure I won't get anything else finished, because I gave in today and bought this book. You know which one! The one everyone read last weekend. Yes, I'm a huge fan (despite the snickers I get at work). So...unless I can read and knit - guess which I'll have finished by Monday! Yeah, not the Jaywalker.

Oh, have you seen the Interweave Knits preview?

Isn't this gorgeous? It's the Tangled Yoke Cardigan by Eunny Jang. I wonder if I'm up to it? I was so overzealous, though, that I've already got the yarn (shhhh!!!).

6 comments:

MiniLaura said...

Hey! Thanks for all your comments on my blog. I tried to answer them, but couldn't find your email addy. Sorry about that (*kicks blogger for not making people give up their email addy*)

I think EVERYONE wants to knit that cardigan of Eunny's. I know I do. I don't usually go for yoked things, but that cable pattern...sigh....

Jennifer said...

I'm off to check out the preview. I haven't had a chance to see it yet.

Carrie K said...

The new IK looks awesome. You can really tell Eunny is there - or they finally got many good designs.

Don't feel badly about your Jaywalkers. I'm almost to the toe on my first one and NOW I try the dumb thing on. The heel is too big so I'm going to have to frog.

knitseashore said...

I love that sweater too! The delay in the socks is totally forgiven if you've got yarn for the cardigan. :)

Glad you could join us for the KAL! Hope you can join next year too!

Romi said...

You'll love HP. It's a great one!

Viv said...

Blue Tomato looks awesome! Get a move on and finish it! LOL! Yes it will be hot here until November. I am beginning to hate that fact! Sigh. I just want cold weather. I guess I picked the wrong place to live for that. Ha Ha. We need to get together for coffee/tea and knits!

~Viv