Monday, March 05, 2007

Winnings and Such

Check out what I won! It was a bit ago, but I kept forgetting to upload the photos. The top hank is Stormy Teal from Yarn Nerd - and wow is it soft! I won it in a random drawing, very soon after winning the bottom hank by guessing the weight of a cat! It was a good week. Or couple days. Really must try to knit some socks, because I now have five or six skeins of sock yarn! But I'm still working on my impossible tote. It's taking FOREVER to finish. And it's currently huge - pre-felting. I'm working on the handles right now, then it'll be seaming, weaving in many, many ends, and finally FELTING! Phew. Really hope that I can finish this up soon. I've been working on it since mid-January. Here's the other bag waiting to be felted:

Finished over a weekend in January. Of course, this one is using bulky yarn - the current monstrosity has been knit with Lion Brand Wool - worsted weight. And it's grey and blue (ok, and sage green). The pattern called for just two colors and fairly narrow horizontal stripes. I decided on thicker stripes and three colors. In part, the three colors was because I accidently only bought two balls of yarn per color when the pattern called for three each. A month later when I returned to the store, I obviously was unable to find the same dye lot. No matter, I said, I'll just add a color! I might yet run out of teal and have to make the second handle a different color....that'd be odd. It looks like it'll be ok though. I have been getting VERY IMPATIENT with all the stockinette. And I'm already regretting the three colors - so many ends to weave in! I'm really liking the idea of my next tote using chunky yarn again.

And here's that lovely yarn up close. Not thrilled with the photo - diffuse light would be better than blazing sun!

1 comment:

NakedKnitter69 said...

I like the way you knit thursday. I feel Thursday's are very sexy. I like to knit in the nude if you couldn't tell by my handle. Do you knit in the nude too? I am a gay man who likes to knit womans underwears. Do you knit underwears too? Are you gay? Your site seems very gay friendly. I am new to blogging, but I like your site. I might try to make mine like yours. I will be posting my knitting pics soon.