Friday, March 09, 2007

I tried not to get attached...

but I did. I really wanted this job for my husband. The interview went well. He seemed to really like it there - the people, the setting, even the weather. They tried to really sell it to him - made him feel like he had it locked up. Honestly, I thought it'd be perfect for him. We went through a lot to get him to and from that interview - I lost practically a week of work for it, bought two new flights on my credit card to get him home. A two day interview took five days, plus recovery time! And they offered it to someone else. Maybe it's perfect for her, too. I'm sure she's thrilled. I'm not handling it well. I'm trying to. But I'm devastated.

I know I'll get over it. Probably by tomorrow. Can't dwell on things that never were, right? There's some sidewalk graffiti at a park that I often walk by. It says: "Life could be worse." Of course it's true.

I don't know that my husband will continue in the field he's in. This might be it. After that interview, I doubt he'll apply for a job again. And I really just want to tell the search committee chair what I think of him being a *tease.* I see that I am in the "anger" phase of grief. My husband went on another interview, and if he's offered that one....my life is going to get infinitely more complicated. I'm not even sure he wants that one.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, I'm so sorry...

strikkegal said...

Seems like you need a hug! *hugs*