Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Secret Pal 10 Questionnaire!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

So far I enjoy knitting with wool and wool/alpaca blends – especially really soft ones! Cotton and acrylics do not seem to be as fun – cotton because it isn’t soft or stretchy like wool, and acrylic just doesn’t feel very nice.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have knitpicks options with a case and a fabric needle roll to store straights.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I have been knitting for about 6 months; I’m probably an advanced beginner (or, I’d like to think so!).

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes, I have an amazon list.

5. What's your favorite scent?

I like jasmine, gardenia, and sandalwood. I like stuff with amber, musk, vanilla – sort of in the oriental range.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Oh, I’ve overdone it lately. I like dark chocolate and Haribo gummy bears (yum!) – oh, not together, though!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I haven’t tried spinning yet, but I’d definitely be interested in trying.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I have the ability to play mp3s – we have tons of music though – I (ok, my husband, really) already own most all Led Zeppelin, including bootlegs, a huge amount of Bob Dylan stuff, nearly all of the Grateful Dead albums and concert recordings…

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

I love red, teal, dark greens, brown, grey, purples, blues; Not fond of yellow, pink, neons, pastels. I can deal with pastels, yellows, and pinks if they are in with other dark colors in a fun variegated yarn (I haven’t seen a manos del Uruguay colorway that I don’t like).

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I have four cats and a husband – no kids anywhere in my family (including extended!)

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Hahahaha! It’s 80 degrees here already. I’ve already made myself two scarves, so I’m good there. Not sure what I’d do with a poncho. Hats are useful for a couple months a year, though, and my hands are always cold. Of course, full mittens would be difficult to work in.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

So far, tote bags are fun, scarves are fun...and small clutches and bags give instant gratification. But I haven’t yet tried socks. Or sweaters. Is there something that isn't fun to knit? (Besides miles of stockinette in one color)

13. What are you knitting right now?

A tote bag.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Yes! Um…unless they smell musty or moldy.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I’ve just started using circulars – knit picks options. Although I do like my bamboo straights. And I’d love some of those beautiful rosewood ones with carvings on the end, but they’re rather expensive!

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

No – I haven’t been able to justify the expense yet. And I knit really slowly so it'll be a long time before I can even buy more yarn (and justify that to my husband..)

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

Two months (I’ve only been knitting for six!)

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Any day off work. Um, probably Christmas despite all the expectations and expenses...Hmm. I might want to make up my own holiday tradition for some other holiday to make it more fun.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Fun little (wooden, tin, stone, antique…) boxes. And bags.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I subscribe to Interweave knits. So many yarns that I haven’t yet tried! I’m always up for a classy tote pattern – I currently have the Noni adventure pattern that I haven’t gotten up the nerve to actually knit (that’s my only purchased tote pattern).

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Fair-isle, intarsia…maybe lace, too.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I have yet to knit my first pair of socks…and I have five skeins of sock yarn.

23. When is your birthday?

November 21st.

No comments: