Thursday, December 21, 2006

Coffee and Yarn Goodies!

Can you believe all the goodies? Yarn, needles, a pattern, coffee, biscotti, soap, and m&m's (which, unfortunately, I just ate most of...yikes). Thanks to Sheryl!! What a great swap partner. The yarn is so lovely, too - I keep touching it!

Now, I haven't sent off my package yet - although I do have the yarn ready to go. I still need to decide on some coffee and some other treats and get it sent off. But it'll be a good package I hope!

I want to start the messenger bag from "Knitting for Peace," but I don't have the correct size needles. I'm afraid to buy anything this close to Christmas, either - especially since I've asked for some needles... On the bright side, I could cast on for the bag shown in the photo - all set with the right needles, and two lovely colors of yarn! I am feeling like a slug (due to m&m overload I think) , so I think I'd better be off. Nothing else fun to report.

Except that Luis Gonzalez signed with the LA Dodgers. I'm not overly excited about this, but I have respect for Gonzalez - I've been watching him here with the Diamondbacks for years. And I was just thinking how he must be happy about not wearing anymore purple - but then I remembered that the Diamondbacks have new colors!!! Hideous. That's my take on the new jerseys anyhow. Sheesh. Colors are fine, new logo ICK. Why that silly font? And can we not write out "diamondbacks?" What's with the "d-backs?" Can you imagine all the money they think they'll be getting when all the fans need to replace their purple attire?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Shame on the Diamondbacks for changing their colors so radically! I wonder why?