Friday, November 09, 2007

The Times they are a Changin'

Yep. Not for me, mind you - for my brother and his wife. Tomorrow I'm off to a baby shower (actually I can't believe that I'm driving 100 miles for a shower)! I suspect they are trying to avoid the holiday season by having the shower now, more than 2 months before her due-date. I honestly wasn't expecting to be dealing with a shower this early. But, I thought ahead and bought these:




These are from the Soho Boutique on Etsy, and I think they're adorable! In fact, I thought I might be able to keep them longer, even. Not that I have anything to do with them. I tried putting them on the cats, but the cats are just too smart for me.

I think when I bought them, I was trying to convince myself that I'm okay with my brother having children when both my sister and I haven't been able to. Certainly it isn't an option to not be happy for them - I mean, I am, really. But, you'll also notice the lack of baby knits. I think when I'm knitting, and I don't want to wallow in any self pity! Which, surely, I would. This year has been difficult for various reasons....but I'm sure it will pass. I am hoping that the baby shower will not be difficult for me or my sister. Good thing I have PMS. Indeed.

On to the knitting. I have been procrastinating on all sweater projects! It's too hot here (although only mid-80's today!) to not be depressed by knitting wool sweaters. Seriously. I wonder if it will ever get cold! Although I purport to be working on the Tangled Yoke Cardigan from the Fall 2007 Interweave Knits.... I have only just finished my (second) swatch. Same with my Central Park Hoodie. But, both are now ready to cast on! And I'm exciting about beginning soon - must distract myself from wanting to buy more yarn. I have just finished the body for another Fibonacci Bag:
Hopefully I will full it soon. These bags really are so fun and fast to knit and very cute. If you wanted to make it a bit bigger, you might need a third ball of yarn (if using the Nashua Creative Focus Chunky), because it really takes up most of the two balls. And that's without a swatch (since I figured, why swatch? it's a bag.).

Next up: back to the sweaters? Or perhaps the cute hoodie baby blanket from magknits...

5 comments:

Kara said...

Well, it looks like you are well prepared for a very cute baby shower. Have fun!

Carrie K said...

The bibs are cute! Have fun at the baby shower - it sounds like it's going to be a little rough on you.

Katie J said...

You know, baby showers can be tough for many people. My "assvice" is to enjoy what you can, sit with your sister, and be ok with whatever your feelings are. Good luck Thursday.

Jennifer said...

Those are very cute bibs! Showers can be very tough for people. It's important to take care of yourself too, so work in a cafe to read and knit or a yarn shop.

RheLynn said...

pretty bibs!
sorry to hear your mixed feelings on your brother's new baby :( I wish I knew what to say there -- I had the same feelings before Esme was born, but that was someOne keeping me from having a child, not someThing. *comforts*