Monday, February 12, 2007

Musings on travel...

Yes it's been a while since posting. My husband has a job interview in the midwest, starting tomorrow. He is currently driving the length of Indiana because his connecting flight was canceled. Not only that, but he nearly missed his original flight due to shuttle stupidity! I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Of course, I should've checked how many complaints had been filed to begin with - but the only other shuttle was booked at the right time. Next time, fly out of the closer airport; next time, drive yourself to the airport. I hope it doesn't snow much on the four hour drive through Indiana. I'm exhausted from spending the weekend searching for cold-weather wear in a place where it's currently in the 70's (Ok, 60's right now). People looked at me as if I were nuts - "thermal underwear?" I'm ashamed to say that I had to buy some sort of ear-warming device - including a non-hand-knit hat!

So, I'm off to nap and maybe do some knitting...it might help calm me down.

2 comments:

RheLynn said...

**sending comforting thoughts your way** It is tough to be separated from the ones you love by unforseen circumstances!

And yes, of course, Knitting is a good way to relax :) Maybe you can make some more hats for just such an occasion ;o)

Jennifer said...

I'd be in the loony bin if it weren't for the knitting. Sending soothing vibes your way.