Monday, April 30, 2007
So, it's been two weeks since my last post. Obviously I'm slacking. Probably due to the lack of readership? Perhaps. I'm finally going to post some FO's! First up - the tote that I received from a blogless Martha. That purple is really an eggplant color. The handles are super long and I can put this across my body... after sending off my own tote (that I absolutely love), I'm thinking that I might want to felt this some more (ok, I know it's actually fulling, not really felting...but whatever).
I finished up my "fibonacci tote" - the pattern and yarn was sent to me in a swap in December (and the colors are rather vintage Christmas).
This photo was taken pre-handle attachment. This was a fast knit, and the pattern directions are simple - it was my first try at knitting in the round. And the felting doesn't show the poor job weaving in ends, etc.
The last recent project is my tote for the Tote Exchange:
I used 2 skeins of Cascade 220 in a purple heather (must check the ball band to get the colorway), and 2 skeins of Noro Kureyon to get that fun stripey effect. I love the roundness of the sides, and the firm feel of the bag. The bag took 5 or 6 runs through the machine (but I suspect I was setting it back at random intervals). I'm really going to have to knit one of these for myself - I like the length of the handles (they are i-cord, knit to 24 inches before felting). I'm out of these colors, so I'll have to use something else...grey maybe? I doubt I'd like it as much without all those great greens and blues in the stripes.
So, what next? I'm busy putting together a package for my Secret Pal 10 partner - I've got some good stuff planned for her! I'm trying not to buy too much for myself - random expenses keep popping up... But I'd really like to get some good cotton yarn for a new sweater project...should've bought that stuff on ebay a while back...*sigh*
Thursday, April 12, 2007
1) Name a movie you've seen more than 10 times. Really? Ten times? Maybe Harry and the Hendersons (against my will – one of my sisters loved this movie when she was little). And probably You’ve Got Mail. By choice.
2) Name a movie you've seen multiple times in the theater. Whoa. Just had a blank-out. Oh, yeah – Braveheart.
3) Name an actor who would make you more inclined to see a movie. I’d have to agree with others on this one – Johnny Depp! Brad Pitt, too.
4) Name an actor who would make you less likely to see a movie. Oh, geez – Kevin Costner for one. Will Ferrell (sorry, you’re hilarious, but I can only take a few minutes).
5) Name a movie you can and do quote from. French Kiss (You people make my ass twitch! – Honestly, isn’t that a great line??) But I usually quote tv shows – Seinfeld, Friends, Sex and the City.
6) Name a movie musical to which you know all the lyrics. Um. None!
7) Name a movie you've been known to sing along with. Um, also none!
8) Name a movie you would recommend everyone see. Star Wars (the original) – because it’s still awesome!
9) Name a movie you own. Is it weird? I own it. Ok, not really! The Usual Suspects is the last one I got, though.
10) Name an actor who launched his/her career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops. Mark Wahlberg. Who I still refer to as Marky Mark! He’s hilarious in I heart Huckabees, great in Boogie Nights – who knew?
11) Have you ever seen a movie at a drive-in? If so what? Gosh, no, never!
12) Ever made out at a movie? Ew. After paying so much to get in? Are you nuts??
13) Name a movie you've been meaning to see but just haven't gotten around to yet.
14) Ever walked out of a movie? Not in a theatre – but I turned off Old School after a few minutes, gave up on Waterworld, Snatch, and almost Ocean’s Eleven….oh, and Last Tango in
15) Name a movie that made you cry in the theater. I’m not sure I have, actually.
16) Popcorn? If I have enough money!
17) How often do you go to the movie theater? Rarely – once a year, if that.
18) What's the last movie you saw in the theater? Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Yep. 2005.
19) What's your favorite/preferred genre? Weird. Is that a category? I avoid many comedies and most “chick-flicks.”
20) What's the first movie you remember seeing in the theater? It was either Snow White or E.T. (which I hated)
21) What movie do you wish you had never seen? Oh, I already answered that! Last Tango in
22) What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed? How weird?
23) What's the scariest movie you've ever seen? Um. Pulse? But, I was little – all sorts of things are scary when you’re little!
24) What's the funniest movie you've ever seen? Gosh, I don’t know. Comedies aren’t my thing!
Movies I've seen lately:
The Squid and The Whale - I actually found this to be quite an amusing little movie. Weird, too. And a bit gross now and again. My friend hated it. Oh well!
The Prestige - I didn't think I was going to like this! But I really enjoyed it. Also weird. And by the director of Memento (which I own). I love things that play with memory - like Memento, this one is circular - it begins and ends with the same scenes.
Chinatown - Wow. Some serious Noir here! I don't remember why I wanted to see this, but it's definitely good!
Tuesday, April 03, 2007
So this was supposed to be for last month...but there is green in it too. It's taken months for me to get through that much stockinette. Ok, well, moving on! Unfortunately, pink is not one of my favorite colors - although I do enjoy it on flowers.
And I know some of you would prefer no yellow flowers - but the flowers on my prickley pear out front are yellow (and will be blooming soon - I see the buds already).