Thursday, April 12, 2007

Movie Stuff!

Why? Because I saw this on several blogs, and I've been thinking about movies lately!

1) Name a movie you've seen more than 10 times. Really? Ten times? Maybe Harry and the Hendersons (against my will – one of my sisters loved this movie when she was little). And probably You’ve Got Mail. By choice.

2) Name a movie you've seen multiple times in the theater. Whoa. Just had a blank-out. Oh, yeah – Braveheart.

3) Name an actor who would make you more inclined to see a movie. I’d have to agree with others on this one – Johnny Depp! Brad Pitt, too.

4) Name an actor who would make you less likely to see a movie. Oh, geez – Kevin Costner for one. Will Ferrell (sorry, you’re hilarious, but I can only take a few minutes).

5) Name a movie you can and do quote from. French Kiss (You people make my ass twitch! – Honestly, isn’t that a great line??) But I usually quote tv shows – Seinfeld, Friends, Sex and the City.

6) Name a movie musical to which you know all the lyrics. Um. None!

7) Name a movie you've been known to sing along with. Um, also none!

8) Name a movie you would recommend everyone see. Star Wars (the original) – because it’s still awesome!

9) Name a movie you own. Is it weird? I own it. Ok, not really! The Usual Suspects is the last one I got, though.

10) Name an actor who launched his/her career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops. Mark Wahlberg. Who I still refer to as Marky Mark! He’s hilarious in I heart Huckabees, great in Boogie Nights – who knew?

11) Have you ever seen a movie at a drive-in? If so what? Gosh, no, never!

12) Ever made out at a movie? Ew. After paying so much to get in? Are you nuts??

13) Name a movie you've been meaning to see but just haven't gotten around to yet. Casablanca. I’ve got it at home now!

14) Ever walked out of a movie? Not in a theatre – but I turned off Old School after a few minutes, gave up on Waterworld, Snatch, and almost Ocean’s Eleven….oh, and Last Tango in Paris is EVIL and DISGUSTING. Don’t watch it. Believe me.

15) Name a movie that made you cry in the theater. I’m not sure I have, actually.

16) Popcorn? If I have enough money!

17) How often do you go to the movie theater? Rarely – once a year, if that.

18) What's the last movie you saw in the theater? Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Yep. 2005.

19) What's your favorite/preferred genre? Weird. Is that a category? I avoid many comedies and most “chick-flicks.”

20) What's the first movie you remember seeing in the theater? It was either Snow White or E.T. (which I hated)

21) What movie do you wish you had never seen? Oh, I already answered that! Last Tango in Paris. Hands down. Ok, Child’s Play was a waste of time, as was Dolls, but really, I can’t even look at butter anymore. And occasionally my husband says “get the butter” to gross me out. You don’t want to know.

22) What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed? How weird? Mulholland Drive is pretty weird – I also own that.

23) What's the scariest movie you've ever seen? Um. Pulse? But, I was little – all sorts of things are scary when you’re little!

24) What's the funniest movie you've ever seen? Gosh, I don’t know. Comedies aren’t my thing!


Movies I've seen lately:
The Squid and The Whale - I actually found this to be quite an amusing little movie. Weird, too. And a bit gross now and again. My friend hated it. Oh well!

The Prestige - I didn't think I was going to like this! But I really enjoyed it. Also weird. And by the director of Memento (which I own). I love things that play with memory - like Memento, this one is circular - it begins and ends with the same scenes.

Chinatown - Wow. Some serious Noir here! I don't remember why I wanted to see this, but it's definitely good!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I really liked the Prestige too. If you like noir, check out Brick. Very good movie.

Our weirdest movies are the same? Wasn't Mulholland Drive baffling? I did enjoy it though.

Carrie K said...

I really liked the Prestige too.

Ewww. You had to remind me of Last Tango in Paris and butter. Excuse me while I go gouge my eyes out.