Monday, April 30, 2007

Yikes....been a while!


So, it's been two weeks since my last post. Obviously I'm slacking. Probably due to the lack of readership? Perhaps. I'm finally going to post some FO's! First up - the tote that I received from a blogless Martha. That purple is really an eggplant color. The handles are super long and I can put this across my body... after sending off my own tote (that I absolutely love), I'm thinking that I might want to felt this some more (ok, I know it's actually fulling, not really felting...but whatever).

I finished up my "fibonacci tote" - the pattern and yarn was sent to me in a swap in December (and the colors are rather vintage Christmas).

This photo was taken pre-handle attachment. This was a fast knit, and the pattern directions are simple - it was my first try at knitting in the round. And the felting doesn't show the poor job weaving in ends, etc.

The last recent project is my tote for the Tote Exchange:


I used 2 skeins of Cascade 220 in a purple heather (must check the ball band to get the colorway), and 2 skeins of Noro Kureyon to get that fun stripey effect. I love the roundness of the sides, and the firm feel of the bag. The bag took 5 or 6 runs through the machine (but I suspect I was setting it back at random intervals). I'm really going to have to knit one of these for myself - I like the length of the handles (they are i-cord, knit to 24 inches before felting). I'm out of these colors, so I'll have to use something else...grey maybe? I doubt I'd like it as much without all those great greens and blues in the stripes.

So, what next? I'm busy putting together a package for my Secret Pal 10 partner - I've got some good stuff planned for her! I'm trying not to buy too much for myself - random expenses keep popping up... But I'd really like to get some good cotton yarn for a new sweater project...should've bought that stuff on ebay a while back...*sigh*

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love the totes! The one you received is very pretty, and the ones you've completed are lovely! Who wrote the fibonacci pattern? I like the looks of that tote.