Monday, December 03, 2007

Pay It Forward and Knitting Updates!

Happy December, everyone!

First off - I signed up for a Pay it Forward handmade exchange on Craftylilly's blog last week. Sounds like fun, doesn't it? Well, I know I don't have too many blog readers, but I'm hoping I've got at least three who want to sign up for something like this! Here's the deal:

I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. I don't know what the gift will be yet, and you may not receive it soon, but you will receive it within 365 days - I promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward - make the same promise on your blog.

Come on! Just for fun - and you've got a WHOLE YEAR to pay it forward, too. Even I can manage a deadline like that. And seriously, how much of the stuff you make can you actually keep in your house?

And....actual knitting updates!

I've finished a second Foliage Hat - this one in blue. It might turn out to be a gift... I'm not sure yet. This pattern is so much fun, though. It's easy enough and I get to practice my lace before trying with lace weight yarn!

Second, I'm actually working on my Central Park Hoodie (in Peace Fleece Wool colorway Zarya Fog). I'm only a bit up the back piece, but it feels good to be working on an enjoyable project! My Tangled Yoke Cardigan is a bit stalled (dk weight yarn is not fast....).
I am also working on a cotton pullover out of Elann Sonata... that one is a bit stalled! I'm not feeling excited about it anymore...

Is anyone else feeling the pressure of upcoming holidays?

3 comments:

Katie J said...

I so love this idea! Count me in!

Jennifer said...

I love your Foliage! I really want to knit that pattern this winter.

RheLynn said...

Very pretty hat - love that lace pattern.

I'm just going to continue going slow with Pogo and asserting to her that the baby is someone I protect when others besides Daddy don't approach with the utmost caution. If she doesn't feel singled out (only you can't touch baby) then hopefully that will curb jealousy until Esme is big enough I start to let everyone touch her more.