Friday, October 12, 2007

Something in the Air

Yes. I wish it were fall. I do. But it's 95 degrees here... No, I think it's ragweed, unfortunately. Anyone else feeling it? We've got stuffy noses, runny eyes, and headaches all around here! Luckily, I'm on some lovely allergy medication.

Something lovely came to my door a week ago:

It's Malabrigo Lace in "Verdes." And I love it! I'm not sure if you can even see how vibrant the greens are in this. It's the only lace yarn in my stash, and I'm planning on practicing with the "Easy Flame Lace Scarf" on Knit and Tonic. I'm almost afraid to touch it!

I'm getting a little ahead of myself, but I've swatched for the Central Park Hoodie using Peace Fleece wool, which is a bit scratchy. I haven't washed the swatch yet, so we'll see what happens when I do. I really want to like this yarn!
I have actually finished my Tangled Yoke swatch, too.... and I'm loving Rowan Felted Tweed. I keep stopping just to look at my knitting! Hopefully I'll actually get that project to a point where it looks like something photograph worthy soon.

Have a good weekend! I'm off to make some Pumpkin Pie and pretend it's fall!

5 comments:

Katie J said...

That Malabrigo is lurrvely. It's finally starting to feel like fall here. Yeah! Hope you get some cool gusts there as well.

Mmmmm, pumpkin pie...

Jennifer said...

It's 95? Eek.

Beautiful Malabrigo lace yarn though.

Carrie K said...

The Malabrigo is gorgeous! Crossing fingers the Peace Fleece works out - it's just should feel good, y'know?

95 degrees? That's just wrong. It's even cold here.

And alas, I had to google the song. Out of touch all my life.

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Tha malabrigo is super gorgeous! : )

the Lady said...

Heh heh heh - I have 7 skeins of said laceweight, and have done naught with them - but I will! Someday...