Friday, May 11, 2007

Bookmarks and Postcards

Look what I found! Vintage 1981. It's the first bookmark I remember having.
Next, are two I made sometime within the last year or so. I know, not knitting... but still something I made!















And here, I used stamps to make a couple haphazard post cards. It was a technique I found in a book that looked like it was right up my alley - I like throwing things together quickly. Actually, it takes a while to get the stamps, ink, cleaner, paper, embossing powder, and all that out. I used to make stationery (not that I write to anyone...usually I just sent it off to people in swaps), and always underestimated how long it would take me to finish. A set of ten sheets took an hour or two! But looking at these makes me want to do some this weekend...

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love the bookmarks!

Carrie K said...

They're really cute! You could always knit some bookmarks too. (I keep meaning to knit a few myself.) Julia at Knitting History laminated her yarn ball bands for book marks.

K8 said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog - and for the book recommendation. I really appreciate it :)

starrypurplehaze said...

those bookmarks look great! don't forget to keep up with the blogging. :)