Friday, September 21, 2007

have inexplicably gained hips overnight.

Ok, sometimes I think I'm Bridget Jones. When crazy things happen, such as, say, gaining mass in my hips, stomach, and thighs when I am doing more yoga and eating less fatty/sugary stuff... I am prone to speaking in Bridget Jones-like sentence structure (in my head, mainly). Right. Calories: 2534. Jelly bellies do not count as are expired and thus probably lose calories through time. Also beer and wine - no info on label must mean completely free of evil fattening calories. Ok, not really. Must go back and re-read Bridget Jones in order to write properly.

Um, right. So, I am going to need more jeans this winter as all jeans bought last year are now too tight. Either that, or do seventy-zillion curl-ups a day for the next few months. The internets might be making me fat.

Back to more interesting news from the month of August. I finally got my Haiku bag!! I'd forgotten that I'd ordered it (back in April). I must say, I really do love this bag. It was a bit more expensive than I'd normally pay for something like this....
I love the blue and the brown together, lots of pockets, nice vegan leather-like stuff (that yes, I've gotten wet in the rain and it's fine), and washable interior. It's sold by several retailers as a diaper bag, even. I think the strap could use a bit more cushioning (ok, any cushioning), but perhaps I shouldn't put such heavy stuff in it. You want one. You know you do! Go on over to Scout's and get one - there are some great new designs, too.

Also in August, I won a contest over at Romi's blog! She sent me this lovely shawl pin:
I absolutely *love* her designs! I'm so excited to own one (and this simple one happens to be my favorite)! BUT.... I haven't yet knit a shawl or stole to use it on. Any ideas? Since I'm a lace beginner, I'm not sure I'm ready for Rosemary's Muir. Although, yes, it's lovely! I also like the Hanami Stole. Isn't it amazing? What do you guys think? I want the color to go well with the copper color of the pin, too.

I think I'm going to cast on for the Tangled Yoke Cardigan this weekend! Oh, after swatching, of course...


5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Don't you just love the Haiku bags! I love, love, love mine.

Your tangled yoke is going to be beautiful in Felted Tweed.

Mallory said...

Oooh, I love that bag. I can't look at them anymore, my credit card is going to get mad at me!

Romi said...

I'm so glad you like the pin!

A first lace project should be something simple...I'll think about it. :)

Carrie K said...

That shawl pin is really pretty.

Wow, why so long on the Haiku bag?

Clearly your jeans shrank in the heat over the summer. No hope for them now.

Lynn in Tucson said...

mojo
Muir and Hanami are both on my "to do" list, if you need a gentle nudge or a partner in crime (I'm leaning toward Hanami first, since I have the yarn and pattern for it. Just haven't found the time to cast on yet...).